Monday, 3 October 2011

Cooking Challenge: Week 5 - Apple and Blackberry Crumble

Week 5 of my cooking challenge saw me cooking something I have wanted to make for ages, and which I truly believe all Domestic Goddesses should be able to make, especially as autumn looms. It is something I always thought would be oh-so-difficult, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Apple and Blackberry Crumble was...well...simple!!

I used a Rachel Allen recipe and, as usual with Rachel, this was a good choice. The recipe is easy to follow and doesn't use any silly techniques. It's a case of chopping, heating, sieving, rubbing, and baking. And that is all. It did involve getting my hands dirty, but that's half the fun of baking, isn't it?! I am pleased I remembered to take off my shiny rings before getting stuck in though...

And what was the result?

A most scrumptious pudding that was eaten with giant grins over two days! Thumbs up!


The scores for Week 5:

Hubby: 10/10
Me: 10/10

Job's a good'n!





1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, looks soooo tasty..!!
    Well done you.
    Jo. xx

    ReplyDelete