Saturday, 23 July 2011

What a lovely Saturday

Well, today has been a wonderful day.

As my husband had plans for the weekend, I decided to make the most and enjoy a truly girly day. So, I spent the day with one of my favourite people and we car-booted, ate scones and stitched hexies. It was fabulous.

I have never been terribly interested in car boot sales - not since I was about 11 anyway - but I felt inspired by the lovely Jodi from OhSewBeautiful, who collected herself quite a stash a few weeks back. So, when the sun came out this morning, it seemed silly not to take advantage of the local sale. I was relatively restrained and only made 3 purchases, totaling a whopping £1.80, but I am very pleased with what I bought:





This was a skirt, which I have now chopped up into panels. I imagine it will soon be used for my next sprocket cushion. I'm not sure it really worked as a skirt, but as a cushion it will be just fabulous!


I've had my eye on this book for a little while now, as I loved Mark Haddon's previous work, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. Paying 30p for it, rather than £7.99, will surely help me to enjoy it even more.

My final little purchase is just perfect. As my Twitter followers may know, I am a fan of hot chocolate in the evenings. And what would make a better mug for a hot chocolate than this little gem? Is it not just wonderful?


And for 50p, there was no way I was going to pass it up!

My friend made some super purchases too, including a floral dress that will probably become a cushion, and a beautiful porcelain jug. The jug will look gorgeous with a bunch of fresh flowers in it.

On returning from the car boot sale, we munched on scones and sipped tea. Then we spent the afternoon sewing hexies for our Kandi Pandi cushions. I'm getting close to completing the hexie part of mine and this is how it is looking:


I'm really enjoying this make, as it's giving me a chance to practice my hand-stitching. It is amazing how addictive stitching hexies is too!

So, all-in-all, today has been just lovely. If only I didn't have a big pile of ironing to tackle this evening...

3 comments:

  1. Oh it makes me grin to see that, it looks fantastic ~ only one more row to go? Can't wait to see the finished cushion.
    I love your cup that's a great find!
    Kandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well......
    Love a good bargain myself.
    Jo. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds, especially the fabric - it's beautiful. And I'm feeling very inspired by your hexagon stitching, too. That looks like a pretty big piece of cushion so far - much prettiness!

    x

    ReplyDelete