Friday, 8 July 2011

Sprocket cushion and a veritable bargain

This is just a little post for me to show off the very funky sprocket cushion I recently made using the wonderful Cluck Cluck Sew's tutorial. If you've never popped by her blog, you really ought to, as she makes some rather wonderful patchwork quilts and her tutorials are ace!

I was a little nervous making my cushion as I have never done anything round on a sewing machine before, but I actually found it a lot easier than I had expected. AND....I didn't always tack prior to setting off with Holly, my sewing machine! I would definitely recommend making these cushions as they are simple, but look very funky and can add a splash of colour to an otherwise boring sofa. I will definitely be making another to sit at the other end of mine. Here's a little piccie of sprocket cushion #1. I think you'll agree that any goddess-in-training would be proud of it!


I am actually going to unpick it slightly to add a touch more stuffing, but that is the only change I would make. I really enjoyed playing with fabric-covered buttons for the first time too. And they're so easy to make!

On a completely different note, I thought I'd share with you a little bargain I picked up at lunchtime today from The Works. It is a dictionary of stitches! How cool is that?! And it only cost me £2.99. A bargain? I think so!

6 comments:

  1. Eeeek its beautiful! I have a round cushion inner going spare upstairs it's crying out for this sort of cover. I love it lots.
    Love your bargain book too, fab!
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should give it a go Kandi...I loved making this. It's probably my favourite make yet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - stunning cushion..!! These are bang on trend at the mo too - well done.
    Great bargain book - I love The Works, always plenty for the crafty minded & great prices to boot...!!
    Jo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great looking cushion Some good books in at the works Have u seen the patchwork one for £2.99!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Heather! I still haven't added the extra stuffing though...really must round to it. I'm going to have to looking for the patchwork book at lunch tomorrow now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cushion! I love your fabric choices, too. Cover-buttons are horribly addictive, though - you should be careful. ;-)

    Am very much enjoying a good look around your blog so far...

    x

    ReplyDelete